Early mornings

 


 

Don't you think it's unfair that early mornings still carry your scent to my doorstep?

Whispers of your voice resonate in my head. I don't hear them as clearly as before, but I can distinguish your laugh among the ghosts that haunt me. I thought I was doing better, but I realised that better ain't nothing but getting used to missing you...

Another year has passed. Early mornings don't smell like you anymore. Yet they carry the ghosts of two younger versions of us, one that's reckless and another that's adventurous.

I'll be lying if I say I don't miss you anymore, but I won't be if I say it doesn't hurt anymore.

You're welcome to live rent-free in my mind and to be the background of every thought process my brain creates.

Even if we aren't together, even if God forbid, we aren't meant for each other, I won't resist the memories or the hope these early mornings bring; that some day you loved me, that someday one day we'll have another chance with a more mature version of us that will do it right, to know what forever really tastes like.



تعليقات

اقرأ أيضًا

قدَر

The myth of normal – trauma, illness, and healing in a toxic culture (Book review)

الحب ليس كافيًا